Do I need a diving insurance or a health insurance document for abroad?
Diving is a very safe sport but it comes with some risks, just like every other sport. If a dive accident happens the costs can be very high and have to be paid by yourself. Only few insurance take over the costs for the treatment of a dive accident (decompression sickness) in a pressure chamber.
For an internationally accepted insurance for rescue (transport) and treatment we recommend the world-wide renowned Dive Accident insurance from AQUA MED.
The advantages at a glance:
- 24h world-wide emergency hotline with professional emergency management
- Expert knowledge focused on emergency care abroad and diving medicine
- financial security for emergency transports and treatment in diving medicine (cost absorption declaration)
- notification of relatives
- organisation of hotel bookings or flight bookings